Are looking to for a health insurance Florida. It is a well-known fact that smoking causes an adverse effect on your health. Not only your health, but it also causes you to pay higher premiums for a health insurance policy, due to increased health risks and shorter life expectancy. A nonsmoker, however, gets premium discounts as a reward to lead a healthy lifestyle. Being a smoker, it is advisable not to hide your smoking habit from your health insurance company, as it helps you to cover the smoking-related health issues.
There is a wide curiosity among people, how smoking impacts the health insurance Florida and its cost. Let’s educate you about smoking and its impact on health insurance policy.
Smoking – What It Includes
Smoking includes inhalation of-ofthe smoke of burning tobacco in the form of cigarettes, cigars and beedi. Whether you are an occasional smoker or frequent smoker, you will be considered as a smoker under the health insurance Florida policy.
Smokers can buy health insurance. However, an insurance company may charge an extra premium or reject your application for insurance, depending on the number of cigarettes you smoke on a regular basis.
How Smoking Affects Your Health and Insurance Premium
Smoking makes the serious impact on your health, some of them are detailed below.
- Circulatory System:Smoking results in increased risk of the heartache and blood pressure. Building up of fatty acids could resulting to atherosclerosis.
- Immune System:Smoking results in severe and long-lasting illnesses. Smokers are more prone to develop ulcers, cancer, pneumonia, high blood pressure, bronchitis, and other viral/bacterial/fungal infections.
- Respiratory System:Smoking may damage lung functions and breathlessness. It may cause damage to the air sacs of the lungs, increased the chance of developing chronic bronchitis.
- Oral Health:Smoking can lead to tooth loss, tooth staining, gum disease which may increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Cancer:Smoking for a long time also causes cancer to various body organs.
When it comes to a health insurance Florida policy, an insurance company considers the magnitude of illnesses and deaths caused due to smoking, and that is why smokers need to pay higher premiums to avail health insurance cover.
Smoker with Existing Health Problems
If you are a frequent smoker that has caused the symptoms of the declining health condition and getting puzzled whether you can get a health insurance. The answer is yes, the only thing required is to make honest and proper disclosures.
The insurance company will then assess the risk associated with your profile and then decide on terms & conditions and the premium to be charged for providing you with a health insurance Florida cover. The premiums charged will be higher and a waiting period will be applied for covering your pre-existing diseases. Moreover, if you are seeking an immediate coverage of your deteriorating health condition, you may go for a critical illness policy.
Smoking makes an adverse impact on your health and your health insurance policy as well. An insurance company will charge you a higher premium in proportion to the risk associated with providing a health cover. An important point to note that you should disclose all relevant information regarding your health and smoking habits. In case, you are found hiding or providing fake information; the health insurance Florida company may decline in settling the claims. Visit this site : http://www.alliance321.com/